Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DAX Measure Change Overnight, Discrepancy Between Desktop and Online

I have two measures deployed in my data set, when filtering the table using any other attribute, from the same table, there are discrepancies between Desktop and Online:

Defects Los Pass % = ROUND(COUNTAX(FILTER(Defects,Defects[LoS Pass/Fail]="Pass"),Defects[LoS Pass/Fail])/COUNTAX(FILTER(Defects,[LoS Pass/Fail]="Pass"||[LoS Pass/Fail]="Fail"),Defects[LoS Pass/Fail])*100,2)

Defects Los Pass % v2 =
VAR __BASELINE_VALUE =
    CALCULATE(
        COUNTA('Defects'[LoS Pass/Fail]),
        'Defects'[LoS Pass/Fail] IN { "Pass" }
    )
VAR __MEASURE_VALUE = COUNTA('Defects'[LoS Pass/Fail])
RETURN
        DIVIDE(__BASELINE_VALUE, __MEASURE_VALUE)*100

They only match when no filters are applied, they return expected results in Desktop, but in Online they have overnight been calculating incorrectly, nothing has changed on data generation or query wise our side. Alarmed to see differences between two calculations.

Untitled.png

Have you enabled or applied any filters for the report in Power BI Service, like page filter etc.? 

In addition, you can try to re-publish this report to another workspace to check it again.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

Comments
v-yingjl
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Have you enabled or applied any filters for the report in Power BI Service, like page filter etc.? 

In addition, you can try to re-publish this report to another workspace to check it again.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes page filters are applied, I will try in a different workspace