Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

DATESINPERIOD seems to be returning no data in the service

The following formula works on the dekstop, but seems to fail in the service:

DATES_TEST = FILTER( OpenCharging, OpenCharging[Subperiod_Ending_Date] IN DATESINPERIOD( OpenCharging[Subperiod_Ending_Date], now(), -4, MONTH))

Substituting this instead gets things working again.

RecentCharging = FILTER ( OpenCharging, OpenCharging[Entry_Age] < 16 )

I added some measures to my dashboard to isolate the problem...  Hypothesis: The service is not properly filtering the DATES_TEST table, but the filter DOES work on my desktop.

Here's the service:

service datesinperiod.png

and the desktop

desktop datesinperiod.png

Notice that the DATES_ROW_COUNT is correct on the desktop, but that same table is blank on the service.

Hopefully others are seeing this problem and can confirm, leading to a quicik bug fix.

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@ericleigh007

I just tested with Version: 2.45.4704.722 64-bit (April 2017) of Power BI Desktop, it seems that the formula also returned blank on the Desktop.

Could you please provide your PBIX file to me to have a check?  You can upload it to online file service like OneDrive and then share it.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

w124384389
Frequent Visitor

I'm having the same problem.

I used datesInPeriod in the measure and the value is not showing on power bi online. I just updated my power bi desktop and now it's not showing anything in there either. 

ericleigh007
Helper II

I would be willing to share the PBIX file "privately".  As such, I cannot do so here without us having some secret exchanged privately.

thanks

-e