Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Customize data labels in dual axis line chart not working (march 2020 update)

Hi!

I'm using the new dual axis line chart functionality introduced in the last months, but I'm not able to customize data labels. While it works for the labels of all variables (in Y1 and Y2), when I try to customize series selecting just one variable and changing the data label settings (text size/color, background color, etc.), it immediately switches back to default.

Are you experiencing the same issue?

Thank you in advance.

Bug-customseries.gif

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @MarcoB

What's the exact Power BI desktop did you run? Based on my test in Power BI desktop version 2.79.5768.1082 64-bit (March 2020), it's able to customize data labels in dual axis line chart. Please run the same desktop version as our then test again. 

q2.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

MarcoB
Regular Visitor

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft! Thank you for your answer!

I'm running exactly that version of Power BI Desktop.

Actually, what I'm not able to do is to modify label settings of only one of the lines in the chart, with "Customize series" ON.

Thank you in advance for your help.

PBI_issue.png

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @MarcoB

The same issue has been reported in this same thread, you can see my latest post. 

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Cannot-customize-series-in-a-dual-axis-line-chart/idi-p/1025...

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu