Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Custom tooltip not working in Power BI Service

When hovering over a visual in Power BI Service, the custom tooltip only flashes briefly on the screen. Tested on table and matrix visuals with different kind of custom tooltips. Tried re-publishing the report with latest version of Power BI Desktop, but the problem persists. The feature works on Power BI Desktop though. 

Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's better, but it still takes about two or three tries.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Report page tooltip works like a charm in Power BI desktop.

Check out this video on Youtube, might be helpful

Youtube video: Custom Tooltips in Power BI

her
Helper III
Helper III

Hi all...

how to hide the tooltip in table matrix cell mouseover show the data how to hide...

Capture.JPG

thanks and regards

Herwin

guitar7171
Frequent Visitor

We are having similar issues.  Tool tips have always seemed a bit glitchy.  I have a couple that pull up pages with some data and sometimes they come up fine and other times they come up blank then render seconds later.  Very inconsistent.  But with the new June tool tip where you can have a visual bring up a tool tip, we have it set to bring up a page with some info about the report.  And the consistent glitch is that the first time you hover it comes up for a split second then dissapears then the 2nd time it comes up fine.  I've seen others on here post similar behavior as far back as Jan.  Are they going to fix this soon? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same problem here, really frustrating!

guitar7171
Frequent Visitor

I've found that if I click on the icon then click on the pop up the tool tip comes up correctly.  But when using the hover it flashes for a second then goes away, then you need to hover a second time.  Yes quite annoying.

dupton
Regular Visitor

Also looking for a fix to incorporate tooltips into a dashboard with hover mode.

Ydiss
Regular Visitor

I can confirm this is still an issue but only for visual tooltips and, for me at least, is 100% reproducable. Default tooltips work fine but when you link a tooltip visual instead, the following issue occurs:

To see this happening, hover over any visual with a tooltip visual associated. On the first hover-over, the tool-tip briefly appears (a split second) and then disappears. 

If you then move the mouse off the visual and back onto the same visual, the tool-tip will appear and remain in place until you move off again. This is the only way to get a tool-tip visual to remain visible.

If you move the mouse from that same visual to any other and hover over, it appears and then disappears. You can repeat this indefinitely between two visuals to see the issue occur and it occurs 100% unless you hover over the same visual twice.

telduzdar
Regular Visitor

Facing the same issue here. Inconsistency of report tooltip, have to hover on and off twice to get it to fully work and stay visible. Any updates regarding this issue ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Any updates on this issue?