Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Custom tooltip not working in Power BI Service

When hovering over a visual in Power BI Service, the custom tooltip only flashes briefly on the screen. Tested on table and matrix visuals with different kind of custom tooltips. Tried re-publishing the report with latest version of Power BI Desktop, but the problem persists. The feature works on Power BI Desktop though. 

Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm having the same issue. Sometimes it works, most of the time not. Happens on every type of visual: table, bar chart, matrix, pie chart and line chart. 

KDIXN
Advocate I

Same problem here, only flash Tooltip...disappearing again when loaded

Drobinson1
Helper III

Same issue here.  Stinks I just rolled that feature out to our organization and now it doesnt work properly.

bGrader

We are having the same issue as well. We have so many reports that rely on this feature. PowerBI team please this issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

We are getting the same issue too - very frustrating. Please fix ASAP! This is impacting all of our reports. 

Yme
Frequent Visitor

Same here - in all browsers same behaviour: EDGE, Chrome, Firefox.

Power BI desktop: Page with visual with tooltip, and on hover does show a perfect tooltip visual.

Publish report to Power BI service (app.powerbi): Hovering over the visual, then the tooltip flashes and dissapears. Hovering over other part of visual (different bar in barchart), tooltip becomes visible changes the values regarding the hovered bar and then dissapears again.

Also when publising the visual in a dashboard then the tooltip does not work anymore and normal data is presented.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same problem here! in editing mode works fine, but in viewer mode it flashes. We need a fix!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same here, broken in power bi service. Still works in power bi desktop.

cavalierimauro
Helper I

Exactly same problem here !! Please fix, this is impacting our production reports. Thanks,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same here. This had been happening on some reports (desktop too) for months but now seems universal in service