Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Custom link to other dashboard not working in App

I use several dashboards as a landing page/navigation in a Power BI App. 

On these dashboard there are tiles using the 'Custom link to another dashboard in the current workspace' to navigate from dashboard A to dashboard B. 

When looking at the individual dashboards, the links work fine. However, when published in the App, the links do not work (nothing happens when clicked).

Both dashboards are part of the App and are visible. 

Strange enough: this only happens when I directly navigate to the App URL. If I first go to Power BI Apps (https://app.powerbi.com/groups/me/apps), and then click on the correct App, the links do work.

Can you please help to make the behaviour more reliable? Thanks

Hi @LarsH 

I am so glad to hear that your issue has been fixed .I will change the status to "Delivered" .

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
kazumi

I'm  having the same ploblem.

I noticed that two months ago.

but some people not observed that in our tenant.  

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Hi @LarsH 

You mentioned that you go to Power BI App and click the tile , it will jump to another linked page ,right ? I tested it my app , nothing happened . I can only make it work in dashboard . In Power BI App or app URL , it is not even valid .

Perhaps you can provide us with a video of your operation for our reference ? I have not tried this feature inside the app before, and I need to confirm if this feature works.

Best Regards,

LarsH
Regular Visitor

Dear @v-yetao1-msft ,

indeed, when the tile is clicked in the App nothing happens. 

The expected behaviour is that it jumps to Dashboard B (as it does when the individual dashboard is opened outside of the app).

LarsH
Regular Visitor

As of today this issue seems to be resolved for me. Clicks on tiles now take me to the correct dashboard also within the App.

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @LarsH 

I am so glad to hear that your issue has been fixed .I will change the status to "Delivered" .

Best Regards,