Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Custom formatting in desktop not working in service for column and line charts

I've republished several times, even trying to redo them even though look fine in desktop, but the published versions are not showing the correct colors, decimals and other formatting.  Has been working fine for weeks and now all of a sudden in past 2 days the custom line labels are defaulting to same as columns:

screenshot.JPG

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @pattersonm8

I can reproduce the issue with Color and Background Color settings in Custom Series for Data Labels in combo charts. I have reported this issue internally: CRI 117113752. Will update here once I get any information. 

Regarding the decimal place issue, I didn't reproduce it on my side. Please update Power BI desktop to the version 2.68.5432.841 64-bit (April 2019) then test again. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @pattersonm8

Please test again, the issue should be gone now. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

pattersonm8
Helper II

Hell @v-qiuyu-msft I've refreshed and still the same, do I have to do do anything else?  I am the latest service pack.  I republished already

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @pattersonm8

The fix is released on Power BI PROD, we needn't to make any change on client side. 

I tested on my side, the issue is gone. Please test with our sample report to see if the issue related to the report. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

pattersonm8
Helper II

I have the same issue in the sample report you sent - could it be something else? @v-qiuyu-msft 

desktop version.JPGPowerBI service version.JPG

It's also weird, if i try to fix in the service, I can't, let's me pick color then goes right back and never changes on visual

pattersonm8
Helper II

I'm on Version: 2.68.5432.841 64-bit (April 2019)

pattersonm8
Helper II

it's fixed now, thanks! 🙂 @v-qiuyu-msft 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @pattersonm8

Glad to hear the issue is resolved on your side. Smiley Happy It looks like the fix is already deployed to your Power BI service cluster. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu