Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Custom data colors forgotten and disabled in report

We have a number of Power BI reports built on an on-prem Analysis Services data source. We consistently use our client's company colors in the reports. To this end we have made a custom theme and have put some serious labor into manually assigning data colors in many visuals.

However, last week, Power BI seems to have forgotten all customly assigned data colors, especially in visuals in which we use the "legend" field, in other words those that consist of multiple series. E.g. line charts, bar charts. Furthermore, when we try to assign data colors manually in these visuals, the selected color is immediately reverted back to the color that was originally assigned by Power BI.

How can we get back our manually assigned colors? And why did this change happen in the first place?

Comments
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support

@PeterCz 

Similar issue has been reported: CRI 198782023.

I have checked in a fix, and it will be deployed to PROD on 8.3 train, on the week of August 17-21.

PeterCz

Dear thanks for your attention. I don't know whether or not the fix you mentioned has been applied, but our problem persists. What would you suggest as a next step in resolving this?

PeterCz

I am happy to report that this issue has been resolved, all custom colors have returned. Thank you.