Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Custom Visuals hidden / not visible

I'm not sure if I'm missing a trick or what's triggering it, but at times, the custom visuals that I have installed from the Marketplace hide themselves from the visualizations pane.

See below.  The yellow area is usually where the custom visuals appear:

Capture.PNGCapture.2PNG.PNG

I know the custom visuals are still there because if I click on the three dots and select 'Delete a custom visual'  I have the option to delete them, as below:

Capture.2PNG.PNG

Very strange.  As a temporary workaround, I know I can get them back by installing a new visual from the marketplace but it isn't ideal to keep doing that

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @RyanBentham

I tested on my side but not able to reproduce the issue. Please open a new report, then import custom visuals from Marketplace to Power BI desktop, check if imported visuals are visible. Also please update Power BI desktop to the same version 2.73.5586.984 64-bit (September 2019) as ours. 

q2.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RyanBentham @v-qiuyu-msft  Same problem for me. Had it in September 2019 desktop version and same in:
Version: 2.74.5619.621 64-bit (oktober 2019)

i use the app store version and error occurs after some time when working with the reportfile.

Vissible again when closed and reopened.