Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Custom Visuals disappear (including Microsoft certified visuals)

Hello  -  I have not used custom visuals in a while (previous owners did not allow it).  

Our new owners do, and I was building a brand new report (new pbix file with June 2022 version).   I added the Chiclet slicer and also the Histogram visual (pinned them).  All was good for a while.   Then, after building the report for a while I noticed that both of the visuals disappeared.   The container box for them was still there in the report, but empty.    I've since reproduced this issue multiple times but it's hard to do so because it is just a random event.   I can't give any specifics as to what causes it to happen.  But it does indeed happen.

Hi @texmexdragon2 

I tested it in my June version Desktop , everything looks well . I will change the status to "Delivered" . If you still have problems with your test, please provide me with more information . 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
lasersharks
Kudo Collector

I have also observed this since the latest release.

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi @texmexdragon2 

I created two visuals you mentioned in May version and then opened the pbix in June version . After opening, you can't see any visual, but you can see the box when you click the mouse. This should be a bug in the June version. 

I have submitted it to ICM and the ID is 315569547 .  If there is news, I will come back and update. 

Best Regards,

texmexdragon2
Helper V

Thanks.  Hopefully it will get solved.   Seems like this is something that should have been tested prior to release, especially given that these are "certified" visuals.   

johnmark0690
Regular Visitor

Seems that doing an "Undo" makes the custom visuals go blank. I am using a text slicer and it's kind of frustrating that you have to install again the visual from the market everytime it happens.

jdusek92
Helper IV

I have started to experience the same issue, resizing other objects, like text box sometimes makes Custom visuals (Advance Card in my case) disappear from Visualization Selection Pane and also makes existing Visuals blank.

Saving and reopening the file helps, but the problem is frustrating

johnmark0690
Regular Visitor

Just tried uninstalling the powerBI app. Then tried reinstalling the app in microsoft store and it somehow fixed the bug. I tried doing what my issue is which is undoing an action, and the custom visuals are not disappearing anymore. Hopefully this would also fix your concerns.

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support

Hi @texmexdragon2 

I tested it in my June version Desktop , everything looks well . Please install the latest version and try again . Looking forward to your reply .

Best Regards,

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @texmexdragon2 

I tested it in my June version Desktop , everything looks well . I will change the status to "Delivered" . If you still have problems with your test, please provide me with more information . 

Best Regards,

molegris
Advocate III

Hi @v-yetao1-msft ,

It is still broken for me.

I have the latest version installed (according to the Microsoft Store).

molegris_0-1658341005555.png

As soon as I use "undo" or Ctrl+Z, all custom visuals dissapear from the Visualisations menu AND the instances added to the report breaks.

I make a GIF to show you :

PowerBI_CustomVisual_Bug.GIF

Please report the issue so it can be adressed asap because it's really annoying to have to close and reopen the report everytime you "accidently" use Undo.

Thank you

--mo

johnmark0690
Regular Visitor

Hello,

Try pinning the visual. Seems to do the trick.

johnmark0690_0-1658382216311.png