Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Custom Visuals are disapearing with different actions

Hi. I'm having an issue that some actions will remove the custom visuals from Power Bi Desktop. I'm not sure if it's from August release or before. I have been able to reproduce one with ctrl+z after doing somethings. Not only do undo the movement but also the visual will be removed.

I have started without the custom visual broken. Try to fix it and it breaks again.

customvisual banished.gif

There is a gif of the issue. It's annoying to load them all over again once before publishing because they are broken.

I hope this can be fixed on next release!

Hi @ibarrau 

I tested with Ctrl+Z , the visual disappeared (both in July and Auguest version). Your purpose is to undo the previous operation , right ? But currently Power BI Desktop does not support the shortcut key of Ctrl + Z . 

Currently it is not recommended that you use the shortcut Ctrl + Z. If you really need it urgently, you can post your ideas on the Ideas forum .

Keyboard shortcuts in Power BI Desktop - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Ideas (powerbi.com)

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @ibarrau 

I tested your issue with Auguest version , but it worked normally . Here is my screenshot .

Recording 2022-08-19 at 11.10.07.gif

Best Regards,

ibarrau
Super User

@v-yetao1-msft 

Have tried Ctrl+Z after moving the visual? The gif doesn't look like that. It's just importing. The thing is after you import the visual and continue your work it tends to disappear with some actions. One of the actions that I have found it's the undo action. Move it several times and ctrl+z. It will be removed.

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @ibarrau 

I tested with Ctrl+Z , the visual disappeared (both in July and Auguest version). Your purpose is to undo the previous operation , right ? But currently Power BI Desktop does not support the shortcut key of Ctrl + Z . 

Currently it is not recommended that you use the shortcut Ctrl + Z. If you really need it urgently, you can post your ideas on the Ideas forum .

Keyboard shortcuts in Power BI Desktop - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Ideas (powerbi.com)

Best Regards,

ibarrau
Super User

@v-yetao1-msft How should I know that Currently it is not recommended that you use the shortcut Ctrl + Z? It has been working perfectly since 2016. I don't need it urgently, but I'm confused with the answer. I don't agree on creating an idea for this. This is clear a bug that you were able to replicate. What does "delivered means"?.

Anyway, thanks for responding and confirming that the custom visual section it's broken with ctrl z.

Regards,