Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Custom Visual Slider - Capabilities

Hi Team,

I am looking to create a custom visual in Power BI with a slider capability like transparency:

TransparencyVisual.PNG

However, I am not sure how to implement this in capabilities.json and I cannot seem to find an example. I specifically would like to show the slider so the user does not have to type a value in. Is this possible?

I have tried looking at the schema here:

https://github.com/Microsoft/PowerBI-visuals-tools/blob/master/templates/visuals/.api/v1.13.0/schema...

Thanks for your help,

Michael

Comments
MichaelBradley
Regular Visitor

Never mind - I resolved my own question. Just calling the property "transparency" (specifically the property name - not the display name) automatically shows up with a slider.

"weight" also behaves this way, but I have not found documentation for this online yet. Does someone know where these special values can be found? I am currently trying to work out how to show the "Round edges" pixels too.

Thanks,

Michael

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @MichaelBradley,

Regarding custom visual developing issue, I would suggest you post a thread in Custom Visuals Development Discussion, there is a custom visuals engineer will help you. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

luojiandan_bi
Helper I

thanks @MichaelBradley ,it's ok for me.

003.png