Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Currency Format Issue

Hi,

I am trying to use "Currency General", like this:

Currency General.PNG

But when I save and re-open in PBI Desktop, it automatically changes the Currency Form to my local:

Currency U.S..PNG

Thanks,

Nathan

Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

use Modelling Tab (On top) to change the format and then save the report.

Currency.PNG

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

I have reported this issue internally: CRI 110677930. Will update here once I get any information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous : It's true that it works when you set it in the ribbon, but it seems like a bug that the option doesn't persist when set in the Formatting Pane of the Model View.

@v-qiuyu-msft : There are 2 other related issues I was wondering about.

1. Currency General only supports Auto decimal places. When I change to a fixed number of decimal places, it changes the Format to my local currency.

Another Currency Issue.PNG

2. In the Model View, in the Formatting Pane, columns can be set as Currency and then further formatted. However, measures only have the following. I understand that it can be done in the ribbon, but seems inconsistent. 

Measure Formatting in Model View.PNG

Thanks,

Nathan

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

For the issue about CRI 110677930, the fix will be probably available in Power BI desktop May version. 

For the issue regarding "Currency General only supports Auto decimal places. When I change to a fixed number of decimal places, it changes the Format to my local currency.", you can refer to this same thread: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Measure-format-Currency-auto-decimal/idi-p/626999

For the issue regarding "In the Model View, in the Formatting Pane, columns can be set as Currency and then further formatted. However, measures only have the following. I understand that it can be done in the ribbon, but seems inconsistent. ", please post a new thread with detail information. We will investigate it and reply in the new thread. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu