Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Cube measure hidden but shown in power bi

Hello,

We have one Power BI \ Microsoft stack related project going on with the client. The client has developed a cube mode for the data. The developer of the cube has stated that I should not been seeing one of the measures that I am currently using on my dashboard. And actually, the measure is not visible on the power bi search either anymore, but it is still usable on the chart where it has been set as a measure before the measure was hidden in the cube.

So, in french lines:

- CUBE data model

- Power BI uses live connection 

- Report has been developed

- CUBE changes - hide one measure that should not be used on the report anymore

- Chart on the report still able to use the measure where it was designated, but the measure is not visible on the Fields panel anymore.

I think there is a bug there - the measure should not be usable on the chart anymore either if it is not visible on the Fields panel.

Cheers,

Niko

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@nisuomi

I can repro the same issue as you. I've reported it internally to Power BI Team: CRI 43344332
I'll post here once I get any update about it.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

nisuomi
Resolver I

@v-haibl-msft OK, good to know!

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@nisuomi

I've got response from the Product Team.

This is by design. Hidden measures are only not visible in the Field List. We do not remove hidden fields if they are already used in the visuals.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Delivered