Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Cross-report drillthrough is clearing personalization's made in source report

When using cross-report drillthrough functionality and following the steps below, using the browser's back button to return to the source report clears out any personalizations that were made prior to using the drillthrough

Steps:

1. Create cross-report drillthrough functionality

2. In source report, with drillthrough field, use the personalize visual option to add or remove column from matrix

3. Utilize the drillthrough on the matrix to view the destination report

4. Use the browser back arrow to return to source report

When I follow these steps, in source report, the personalization(s) made are no longer available

Hi @justintyme10 

So in step2 , you use the personalize visual option to add or remove column from matrix and then drill through to the other report , right ? Then you return to the original report and the personalization(s) made are no longer available . If my understanding is correct, can you show the process of using the personalize visual option via video?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Hi @justintyme10 

So in step2 , you use the personalize visual option to add or remove column from matrix and then drill through to the other report , right ? Then you return to the original report and the personalization(s) made are no longer available . If my understanding is correct, can you show the process of using the personalize visual option via video?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

justintyme10
Regular Visitor

Hi @v-yetao1-msft,

Your understanding is correct. It is an issue on other visual types as well, but we are using the matrix visual as an example. Please see attached a gif showing the issue. Let me know if you have any questions and sorry for the quality!

Thanks, 
Justin

Cross-report drillthrough removing personalizations.gif

justintyme10
Regular Visitor

Hi @v-yetao1-msft , 

I am copying this idea here as it might be a possible resolution to this issue, and hoping to get it more votes. Microsoft Idea: Cross Report Drillthrough : Can we open child report in new tab?