Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Cross-report drill through goes to the wrong page

Since Friday February 19th the following issue has been occuring:

When performing a cross-report drill through for which the target report consists of multiple pages, it always lands on the same page, no matter which page was chosen when drilling through. In particular, the page that gets shown when drilling through seems to be the page that was first created in the target report, even if this page has not been set up as a drill through target. Before Friday everything worked fine and no changes have been made to the report. I have tried using different browsers (Chrome and Edge), but this did not solve the problem. Using a previous version of PBI Desktop (Nov 2020) hasn't worked either.

For example, I have a simple report called 'Drillthrough' with pages 'See Column1', 'See Column2' and 'See Column3'. For each of these pages a cross-report drill through field has been set up. When I try to drill through to the page 'See Column2' (starting from a different report that is based on the same dataset), I am brought to the page 'See Column1' instead. The same happens when I try to drill through to the page 'See Column3'. This is illustrated in the following screenshots:

Cross-report drill through (1).png

Cross-report drill through (2).png

When the reports are put together in an app and the cross-report drill through is performed in the app, the correct page is briefly selected before jumping to the wrong one.

As some extra info, the queries that are sent to the database when performing the drill through are included below (drilling through to page 'See Column3' after right-clicking on the first row of the table):

// DAX query against Database: MasterTable

DEFINE
VAR __DS0FilterTable =
TREATAS({"C"}, 'MasterTable'[Column3])

VAR __DS0Core =
CALCULATETABLE(
SUMMARIZE('MasterTable', 'MasterTable'[Column1], 'MasterTable'[Column2], 'MasterTable'[Column3]),
KEEPFILTERS(__DS0FilterTable)
)

VAR __DS0PrimaryWindowed =
TOPN(
__DS0Core,
'MasterTable'[Column1],
'MasterTable'[Column2],
'MasterTable'[Column3],
)

EVALUATE
__DS0PrimaryWindowed

ORDER BY
'MasterTable'[Column1], 'MasterTable'[Column2], 'MasterTable'[Column3]

// DAX query against Database: MasterTable

DEFINE VAR __DS0FilterTable =
TREATAS({"C"}, 'MasterTable'[Column3])

EVALUATE
SUMMARIZECOLUMNS(
__DS0FilterTable,
"MinColumn1", IGNORE(CALCULATE(MIN('MasterTable'[Column1])))

Comments
jakub_bilski
Regular Visitor

I have the same problem.. moreover it occurs even if all the reports are published in the same application and we want just switch between them using navigation pane... (its starts works after double click on the page, but then we loose filter value)

Laila92
Helper V

I have the same issue

v-lili6-msft
Community Support

hi  

I have reported this issue internally, ICM: 229333353

will update here once I get any information.

Regards,

Lin

PaulBFelix
Advocate II

Same issue here.  Using the latest version of desktop.

GA1
Regular Visitor

I also started having this exact issue on 2/19/2021. I have found that default/landing page (even when changed) for a report is where the cross report drill through ultimately lands after briefly hitting the url of the intended page.

v-lili6-msft
Community Support

hi all

Issue was resolved in all production environments.
please try it again.

Regards,
Lin