Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Cross-highlighting causes the column height to visually "freeze" in place, but not the data labels.

Cross-highlighting affecting a stacked column chart that changes the y-axis scale triggers a bug that prevents the column height from resetting aftet the cross-highlighting ends and the y-axis scale switches back.  The new column height will macth the column hight of the "grayed-out" columns that were behind the highlighted columns.  The data labels are not affected by this bug and will be floating where they should be as if the columns have reset.  Clicking nearly anywhere on the affected visualization will usually cause the columns to reset to their heights to the correct hieghts.  This bug exists in an embedded environment, on app.powerbi.com, and in Power BI desktop (fully updated).  It happens with the stacked column visual and the stacked column combo visual.  This bug was first reported to me on 06DEC2019 and was first noticed in an embedded report.  I was able to easily recreate this with a fresh report in Power BI desktop and on app.powerbi.com.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

hi @kirby_l

Please share a pbix file with and provide detail steps to reproduce the issue. You can remove sensitive data within the report, upload it to your OneDrive, paste the share link here. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

kirby_l
Advocate I

I am unable to share a report.  All of our reports are live connected to our database.  However, I did find a crucial peice of information to help you recreate this bug.  It appears that 3 visuals are needed to cause the bug to happen; one of which needs to include several data points.  I use 3 column charts with all interactions set to highlight each other chart.  Let's assume we are looking at a sales database:
Column Chart 1:  Axis=DimSalesOffice[US State name] | Value=[SalesSum]
Column Chart 2: Axis=DimSalesman[Salesman Name] | Value=[SalesSum]
Column Chart 3: Axis=SalesFacts[DateTime of sale] | Value=[SalesSum]

This will cause chart 3 to have a lot of data. If you click on either a bar in Chart 1 or Chart 2 and the cross-highlight causes the y-axis to change, click on the bar again.  If you have enough data in chart 3 to where it causes charts 1 and 2 to "think" for a second, the bug will happen.  If it does not happen, then increase the amount of data in chart 3.