Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Cross-Highlighting not working as intended

I have a Table and and a line chart.  I have turned off all interactions between the two visuals.  Whenever I click on the line chart, the table reloads.  Even when I click on an area of the line visual that does not select anything for cross-highlighting, the table still reloads.  In the Performance Analyzer, it shows a "Cross-Highlighting" action whenever I click.  This did not happen in the past, but I do not know when this bug started.

I have confirmed that it is not only an issue with the Table or Line visual by trying this with many other visual types.  Something horrible that I found in one of my reports is that when I click on the MAQ Box Plot in the report, even though it has no interacts set with any other visual, it triggers 3 Cross-Highlight actions to every slicer visual on the page and then a 4th Cross-Highlight action to every visual on the page causing the entire report to lock up for several seconds; sometimes as long as 30 seconds.  This most-definitely was not happening before.

Please help.  How do I actually turn off interactions between visuals whenever "Edit Interactions" doesn't work?   

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @kirby_l

I have reported this issue internally: CRI 151895424. Will update here once I get any information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @kirby_l

I got information that this is a known issue, but no ETA as the fix isn't a high priority.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu