Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Credentials Failure

Hello,

I am facing an issue regarding the credantials of sharepoint. After some changes in Query mode (Power BI desktop *latest version) and applying them, the load fails almost before the finish.

Credantials are checked and provided correct- Signed in correctly to the organizational account.

Kindly ask for help, as I can not find away to apply the changes and load the data without the error message.

Thank you in advance,

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @MSampson

From your description, it looks like you are connecting to the SharePoint online, right? 

When you apply changes to data model, what's the error message pops out? 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

MSampson
Regular Visitor

Hello @v-qiuyu-msft,

Yes i am connecting to SharePoint online,

After a loading some of the raws the sign in message appear:

MSampson
Regular Visitor

In every try that i make and putting the credentials and signing in. After the loas still I receive the below message:

"Your data source can't be refreshed because the credentials are invalid. Please update your credentials and try again."

I have updated my credentials, cleared cache, removed credentials, still nothing seems to working.

Any other suggestion?

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @MSampson

How many data sources does the report get data from? Is it only SharePoint online data source? 

I would suggest you open Data Sources Settings, click on each data source used in current file, re-specify credential for each data source, then apply the changes. 

w1.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

MSampson
Regular Visitor

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft,

First of all thank you for your support!

I am using only one dataset for three different tables.

I did the suggested step and it didn't work. As a workaround i deleted the [ApiVersion = 15] from the Source"Step" and it's working fine now.

Best Regards,

Michael