Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Created measures getting lost during the modification

Hello,

I encountered with a very weird problem in Power BI desktop. I am currently using the version "2.71.5523.941 32-bit (July 2019)". I created a measure to calculate a rank in order to get my table sorted. The weird thing happening right now is my rank measure is there at the opening, but if I try to submit a change, it becomes hidden in the "Fields' pane on the most right. Since I thought I did something wrong, I created it from scratch and I got an error that saying:

"The name 'Rank' is already used for a measure on table 'TableX'. Choose a different name"

Despite of having this message I can not see the measure in the list so I can not edit it anymore. I also tried choosing "View hidden " option, but it is not there.

I wanted to report it, since it could be a major new release issue. Thank you very much in advance.

Cheers!

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

Please update Power BI desktop to the latest version 2.72.5556.701 then test again. If the issue still occurs, please share .pbix file if possible. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu