Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Couldn't load the data for this visual Internal error: looking up invalid data on a dense spool.

We seem to be still having the issues with loading visuals in PowerBi. This works find in PowerBi desktop but for some reason all reports are getting this dense spool error. Any word from Microsoft when will be fixed? 

Have delivered the fix date.

Comments
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @cdenniston,

May I know what’s the data source of your report and what’s the connection mode of it? Is the data imported into the report or needed to be directly retrieved from the data source? Did you configure gateway for the data sources? If yes, is the gateway online? If you still have this issue, could you please provide more details of it? Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

cdenniston
Regular Visitor

The data source is imported through our SQL server database. The gateway is configured correctly and is online. When we select a specific filter, some graphics just disappear and the error message happens. This is only happening in PowerBi service the report is working fine in PowerBi desktop. I have tried to republish the report with no success. You can see below our report renders fine with no filters but once you filter a single selection the error occurs. 

cdenniston_2-1652188095313.pngcdenniston_3-1652188105139.png

cdenniston_0-1652187864072.png

cdenniston_1-1652187874702.png

v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi @cdenniston,

We get inform from product group said it’s a new known issue and they are working on the fix. Expected available time of fix will be 5/20/2022. Based on current info on this known issue, it is very likely that there are complex measures used in your visual.

You may wait for the fix or take the above info as reference to make some adjustments to your visual as workaround for now.

Thanks for your understanding!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

MdJ
Regular Visitor

Hello,

I am facing the exact same issue in some of my reports:

• PBIX working fine
  • on powerbi.com however, the "dense spool" error pops up as soon as a filter is applied (either from a slicer or from the filter pane). But without any filters, the visual is displayed correctly
  • the measure that seems to cause the problem is not too complicated, but uses USERELATIONSHIP

Best regards,

Miel de Jong

v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Have delivered the fix date.

cdenniston
Regular Visitor

Do we have an update on a fix for this issue yet? It seems to still be happening. 

MdJ
Regular Visitor

On my reports the "dense spool" error has disappeared now