Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Couldn't load model for the database model

Hi, Since a couple of weeks myself and my colleagues get the following error multiple times a day: Couldn't load the schema for the database model. Before we did not get this error and nothing has changed in the meantime, but all of a sudden these errors appear. This results in not loading the visuals in the pbi desktop report (which is live connected to an online dataset) anymore. It can only be solved by closing the report and reopening it. Unfortunately I have lost my work a couple of times already because of this. Can someone tell my how I can prevent this from happening? Thanks in advance!

Feedback Type:
Frown (Error)

Timestamp:
2019-01-17T10:29:15.0431625Z

Local Time:
2019-01-17T11:29:15.0431625+01:00

Session ID:
e7452e9f-d7a0-4514-b43c-1acbd361b351

Release:
December 2018

Product Version:
2.65.5313.621 (18.12) (x64)

OS Version:
Microsoft Windows NT 10.0.16299.0 (x64 en-US)

CLR Version:
4.7 or later [Release Number = 461308]

Peak Virtual Memory:
34 GB

Private Memory:
307 MB

Peak Working Set:
447 MB

IE Version:

User ID:
8f97b1ca-64b3-4ca4-bab8-23fd180a015e

Workbook Package Info:
1* - en-GB, Query Groups: 0, fastCombine: Disabled, runBackgroundAnalysis: True.

Telemetry Enabled:
True

AS Live Connection:
True

Disabled Preview Features:
PBI_shapeMapVisualEnabled
MIntellisense
PBI_SpanishLinguisticsEnabled
PBI_PdfImport
PBI_ColumnProfiling
PBI_variationUIChange
PBI_PythonSupportEnabled
PBI_showIncrementalRefreshPolicy
PBI_showManageAggregations
PBI_FuzzyMatching
PBI_EnableWebDiagramView
PBI_improvedFilterExperience
PBI_qnaLiveConnect

Disabled DirectQuery Options:
PBI_DirectQuery_Unrestricted
TreatHanaAsRelationalSource

Cloud:
GlobalCloud

DPI Scale:
100%

Supported Services:
Power BI

Comments
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@Anonymous,

I am unable to reproduce this issue on my side. Could you please update to the latest version of Power BI Desktop(2.65.5313.1381) and check again?

If the issue still occurs, please share Power BI Desktop trace log here and share fiddler trace log here. You can enable tracing in Power BI Desktop  via the File –> Options and settings->Options–> Diagnostics –> Enable Tracing option.

Regards,
Lydia

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Status changed to: Needs Info

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-yuezhe-msft

Hi Lydia,

Thanks for your response.. Unfortunately due to company policy I am not allowed to update to the latest version of Power BI Desktop. I currently have this version: 2.65.5313.621. Is this error common for this version of Power BI desktop and is it normally fixed when one updates to the new version? If so, then maybe I can try to get an update. 

Thanks in advance,

Best, MJM

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@Anonymous,

The error is not specific for 2.65.5313.621 version. Please post Power bi Desktop trace log and fiddler trace log here.

Regards,
Lydia