Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Could not load type 'System.Runtime.InteropServices.Architecture' related to .NET?

Hi,

Im experiencing issue to start PBI Desktop today 29/July/21.

Does anybody has the same issue with me? I already click 'Send  the report' button on the error box.

I have repaired the software but still no help.

The full error was :

Feedback Type:
Frown (Error)

Error Message:
Could not load type 'System.Runtime.InteropServices.Architecture' from assembly 'mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'.

Stack Trace:
System.TypeLoadException
at Microsoft.Web.WebView2.Core.CoreWebView2Environment.LoadWebView2LoaderDll()
at Microsoft.Web.WebView2.Core.CoreWebView2Environment.GetAvailableBrowserVersionString(String browserExecutableFolder)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.WebView2.WebView2BrowserFactory.IsRuntimeAvailable(String browserExecutableFolder)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.Services.FeatureSwitchManager.RegisterPreviewFeatureSwitches()
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.Services.FeatureSwitchManager.RegisterKnownSwitches()
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Program.<>c__DisplayClass4_0.<Main>b__1()
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.IExceptionHandlerExtensions.<>c__DisplayClass3_0.<HandleExceptionsWithNestedTasks>b__0()
at Microsoft.Mashup.Host.Document.ExceptionHandlerExtensions.HandleExceptions(IExceptionHandler exceptionHandler, Action action)

Stack Trace Message:
Could not load type 'System.Runtime.InteropServices.Architecture' from assembly 'mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'.

Invocation Stack Trace:
at Microsoft.Mashup.Host.Document.ExceptionExtensions.GetCurrentInvocationStackTrace()
at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.UI.Shared.StackTraceInfo..ctor(String exceptionStackTrace, String invocationStackTrace, String exceptionMessage)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.Telemetry.PowerBIUserFeedbackServices.GetStackTraceInfo(Exception e)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.Telemetry.PowerBIUserFeedbackServices.ReportException(IWindowHandle activeWindow, IUIHost uiHost, FeedbackPackageInfo feedbackPackageInfo, Exception e, Boolean useGDICapture)
at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.UI.Shared.UnexpectedExceptionHandler.<>c__DisplayClass15_0.<HandleException>b__0()
at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.UI.Shared.UnexpectedExceptionHandler.HandleException(Exception e)
at Microsoft.Mashup.Host.Document.ExceptionHandlerExtensions.HandleExceptions(IExceptionHandler exceptionHandler, Action action)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Program.Main(String[] args)

PowerBINonFatalError:
{"AppName":"PBIDesktop","AppVersion":"2.95.804.0","ModuleName":"Microsoft.Web.WebView2.Core.dll","Component":"Microsoft.Web.WebView2.Core.CoreWebView2Environment","Error":"System.TypeLoadException","MethodDef":"LoadWebView2LoaderDll","ErrorOffset":"-1"}

PowerBIUserFeedbackServices_IsReported:
True

Comments
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support

@rubymaya 

The latest version works fine for me. You may check Minimum requirements and Troubleshoot opening Power BI Desktop.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am facing this error too:

Feedback Type:
Frown (Error)

Error Message:

Stack Trace:
System.TypeLoadException
at Microsoft.Web.WebView2.Core.CoreWebView2Environment.LoadWebView2LoaderDll()
at Microsoft.Web.WebView2.Core.CoreWebView2Environment.GetAvailableBrowserVersionString(String browserExecutableFolder)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.WebView2.WebView2BrowserFactory.IsRuntimeAvailable(String browserExecutableFolder)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.Services.FeatureSwitchManager.RegisterPreviewFeatureSwitches()
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.Services.FeatureSwitchManager.RegisterKnownSwitches()
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Program.<>c__DisplayClass4_0.<Main>b__1()
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.IExceptionHandlerExtensions.<>c__DisplayClass3_0.<HandleExceptionsWithNestedTasks>b__0()

Stack Trace Message:

Invocation Stack Trace:
at Microsoft.Mashup.Host.Document.ExceptionExtensions.GetCurrentInvocationStackTrace()
at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.UI.Shared.StackTraceInfo..ctor(String exceptionStackTrace, String invocationStackTrace, String exceptionMessage)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.Telemetry.PowerBIUserFeedbackServices.GetStackTraceInfo(Exception e)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.Telemetry.PowerBIUserFeedbackServices.ReportException(IWindowHandle activeWindow, IUIHost uiHost, FeedbackPackageInfo feedbackPackageInfo, Exception e, Boolean useGDICapture)
at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.UI.Shared.UnexpectedExceptionHandler.<>c__DisplayClass15_0.<HandleException>b__0()
at Microsoft.Mashup.Host.Document.SynchronizationContextExtensions.SendAndMarshalExceptions(SynchronizationContext context, Action callback)
at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.UI.Shared.UnexpectedExceptionHandler.HandleException(Exception e)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.PowerBIUnexpectedExceptionHandler.HandleException(Exception e)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.IExceptionHandlerExtensions.HandleExceptionsWithNestedTasks(IExceptionHandler exceptionHandler, Action action)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Program.Main(String[] args)

PowerBINonFatalError:
{"AppName":"PBIDesktop","AppVersion":"2.95.983.0","ModuleName":"Microsoft.Web.WebView2.Core.dll","Component":"Microsoft.Web.WebView2.Core.CoreWebView2Environment","Error":"System.TypeLoadException","MethodDef":"LoadWebView2LoaderDll","ErrorOffset":"-1"}

PowerBIUserFeedbackServices_IsReported:
True

amindeotis

Hello

I have the same error after July update.

"Could not load type 'System.Runtime.InteropServices.Architecture' from assembly 'mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'".

I tried installing previous versions of power bi but same error again.
Any idea ?

lcristo
Regular Visitor

Same error to me.

rubymaya
Helper II

Hi everyone,

The error dissapeared after IT guy fixed my windows (actually re-format!)

We tried many things, installing latest .NET didnt help because my Win10 blocked it (incompatible)

So I had no choice but to reinstall latest windows. Here's the Windows version :

OS build 19042.1110
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3530.0

Under this version, I dont even have to install latest .net

rahulshevde
Employee

Hello, we are migrating to using WebView2 runtime in desktop instead of Cef sharp for hosted browser. As a part of installing the msi, it should install the WebView2 runtime. It seems for some reason for some customers, it is not getting installed. We are investigating this. Meanwhile, you can manually install WebView2 runtime on the machine and that should unblock you. 
Is anyone running into this issue on the store app? this change is only for the msi as of now.

Here is the link for the WebView2 runtime bootstrapper installer : https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/webview2/

Marcitto

@rahulshevde Even installing WebView2 runtime, Power Bi does not open. It stays on a gray screen

rahulshevde
Employee

Hello Marcitto,

Can you reach out to me at rahulsh@microsoft.com ? Would it be possible to get on a call and figure out what is the issue on you machine? We would need to get some traces and event logs to understand why is it failing on your machine. 

thanks

Rahul