Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Cost management API - Processing error: Invalid URI: The hostname could not be parsed.

The cost management API connector is failing to refresh data for the last couple of days. See the error message below: 

Processing error: Invalid URI: The hostname could not be parsed.
Cluster URI: WABI-NORTH-EUROPE-E-PRIMARY-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID: 4d83ab7a-4f97-42fe-93fc-0ecbfa783182
Time: 2022-03-24 10:16:15Z

Hi @ANA_JAK ,

May I know how you got the Azure management data? Did you get them from Azure Cost Management connector in Power BI Desktop or from Azure Cost Management App in Power BI service? According to the error, it should be something wrong with the hostname contained in the Scope Identifier? Could you please check whether you have provided correct Scope Identifier? Is there any Special letter contained in it?

vcazhengmsft_0-1648190081573.png

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

Comments
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @ANA_JAK ,

May I know how you got the Azure management data? Did you get them from Azure Cost Management connector in Power BI Desktop or from Azure Cost Management App in Power BI service? According to the error, it should be something wrong with the hostname contained in the Scope Identifier? Could you please check whether you have provided correct Scope Identifier? Is there any Special letter contained in it?

vcazhengmsft_0-1648190081573.png

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

ANA_JAK
Regular Visitor

Hi @v-cazheng-msft

To provide some context: it worked fine for couple of months until 21st of March 2022 (scheduled refresh: 4:06 AM CET)

I am using Cost management app in power bi service. 

ANA_JAK_0-1648464971911.png

BillingProfileIdOrEnrollmentNumber -> EA account number provided

NumberOfMonths -> 11

Scope -> Enrollement Number

Last refresh failed: Mon Mar 28 2022 13:02:22 GMT+0200 (Central European Summer Time)
There was an error when processing the data in the dataset.

Processing error:Invalid URI: The hostname could not be parsed.
Cluster URI:WABI-NORTH-EUROPE-E-PRIMARY-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID:bdf2940f-41c7-4a78-add2-0eba4c6f01fc
Request ID:a0edbe9a-2703-88b7-9e7c-60fde1d29a22
Time:2022-03-28 11:02:22Z
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm having the same data refresh error (Invalid URI: The hostname could not be parsed.) on the Azure Cost Management App. It has been refreshing fine for over a month but started reporting errors last week. This is my data source configuration: 

extensionDataSourceKind: AzureCostManagement

extensionDataSourcePath: Enrollment Number;####### (# = my company's enrollment ID)

Authentication method: OAuth2

dwarnerbn
Regular Visitor

Same here; watching

jhobzvel
Frequent Visitor

Same here. I'll be following this thread. There were no9 changes since the last time it worked.

jhobzvel_0-1648802891177.png

jhobzvel_1-1648802900907.png

nalifragis

Any update on this? the error started on the 19th of March.

dwarnerbn
Regular Visitor

My data started updating sometime in the last week. Any confirmation on what changed?

francesco_beqom
Frequent Visitor

@dwarnerbn , both Azure Cost Management connector in Power BI Desktop or Azure Cost Management App in Power BI service are unusable for me. 

Can you confirm they are still working for you nowadays ?