Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

Copy report->Download pbix-> make changes-> upload with different name -> replaces original report

Hi,

We encountered an error in my organization. Step-by-step:

1. Copy report in PBI Service from "Report 1" to "Report 1 - copy"

2. Change the name of "Report 1 - copy" to "Report 2"

3. Download the pbix of "Report 2"

4. Change the content of "Report 2"

5. Publish the new content of "Report 2". PBI asks if you want to replace the content of "Report 2"

6. Here is where the fun begins... Clicking the link from PBI Desktop takes you correctly to "Report 2" - but no changes are to be found. What happened is, you replaced the content of the original report "Report 1" (even keeping the name "Report 1" though all old content was destroyed).

We do not think this is expected behaviour and are considering this as a bug. It is avoidable through best practices, but sure is not enjoyable when it happens.

Comments
v-lili6-msft
Community Support

hi

I have tested on my side, 

5. Publish the new content of "Report 2". PBI asks if you want to replace the content of "Report 2"

for this step, it won't ask me to replace the report2, there will be two report 2 in the workspace.

so there are repor3, report5,report5, dataset3,dataset5 in the appworkspace, 

8.JPG

Regards,

Lin