Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Copy/paste os visuals in Power BI Desktop does not work (November 2022 release)

Since I have updated to the latest version (November 2022) I can no langer copy/paste visuals between pages or reports.

Hi @kristofferwest 

I can only test with the October version on my side at the moment, and copy visual is working fine. My suggestion is that you switch back to the October version and update when the November version fixes the problem.

Recording 2022-11-09 at 15.13.27.gif

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @kristofferwest 

I can only test with the October version on my side at the moment, and copy visual is working fine. My suggestion is that you switch back to the October version and update when the November version fixes the problem.

Recording 2022-11-09 at 15.13.27.gif

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

kleigh
Resolver III

I've found copy-paste is broken to pages with no visuals on them. Version: 2.110.1085.0 64-bit (October 2022)

If I add anything to the page (just a shape will do) then I can paste.

kristofferwest
Advocate I

I got ahead of my self. It is the October release, and as kleigh has said it is only an issue if you are copying from a page to another page, that has no content already. 
it I add an element to the other page manually copy paste works...

malmeida
Regular Visitor

@v-yetao1-msft 

Do you have the date when this issue will be solved in this new version (november/22)?

Pikachu-Power
Post Prodigy

Would be appreciated. Copy / Paste is very useful and importend to create quickly reports. I still have this bug in Power BI Desktop in October Version.

WT0NOliveira

Hello, try this way.
The great trick is cut some element from where you want to copy go in another power bi, click twice to open any component ( in this case PR) after you can paste the cuted component and it will unblock the feature for copy and paste.

(33) Manobra para resolver o bug de não copiar elementos no Power BI - YouTube
Let me know if this way works.

Have a nice day.

Pikachu-Power
Post Prodigy

Thanks!

kristofferwest
Advocate I

Hi @Microsoft

it should not be necessary to have a trick to copy/paste. 
could someone from the support team please acknowledge this error?

Ninof
Regular Visitor

I can confirm that the copy/paste does not work in the november version on an empty page. It's not normal and we shouldn't have to find tricks or rollback to an old version for such a basic function.