Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Copy and paste text boxes no longer works in the canvas

In the June release (2019) I haven't been able to copy (CTRL+C) and paste (CTRL+V) textboxes via the canvas. Even when deselecting the textbox when the cursor is blinking by clicking on the resizers does not work as pressing CTRL bring the focus back to the textbox giving you the blinking cursor.

The only workaround right now to copying text boxes is via the Selection Pane by selecting it there and copying and pasting.

Cheers,

Alex

Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous ,

I can verify this issue as well, unable to copy (CTRL+C) and paste (CTRL+V) when it comes to text boxes. I could not get it to copy when clicking on the edge without the cursor blinking in the box, and when trying after clicking directly in the center of the text box.

DMM
Advocate I
Advocate I

You can still copy a text box by selecting it, then clicking Home > Clipboard > Copy:

image.png

The fact that pressing the Ctrl key triggers text editing is a new bug though, which should be fixed.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all, 

The same issue has been reported internally: CRI 126847995. Engineering team is working on it. Fix ETA will be updated here soon. 

You can try the workaround temporarily: 

1) Open up the Selection Pane

2) Select the Text box in the Selection Pane window

3) Then Hit Ctrl + C and then Ctrl + V

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having this issue, too, but I can also not copy/paste some visuals. I was able to copy/paste a bar graph from one report to another, but not a matrix.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

The issue that unable to copy Text box using Ctrl + C is fixed now. Please download the latest Power BI desktop version 2.70.5494.761 then test again. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Confirmed that version 2.70.5494.761 copy and paste is working like before. Thanks @v-qiuyu-msft !