Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Copy and Paste Visual from Power BI Service not working

When right clicking over a visual in a report (via an App or Workspace), there is an option to Copy Visual.  This does not work.  The visual does not get copied to the clipboard and cannot be pasted anywhere. When I paste, I only get the last object I copied.

We have Power BI Premium P1 Capacity. Users access reports via Apps.

My customers keep asking how to copy visuals and the only solution I can tell them at the moment is to use the Snipping Tool which is not ideal.  It would be much simplier to just Control C and Control V...but that's not working either.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @G_R

Where do you want to paste copied visuals via Copy Visual feature?

Based on my test, after right click on the visual select the Copy Visual, we are able to paste the visual in desired Power BI service report page. It would be better if you could provide a video to show the issue. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

G_R
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi.  I'm trying to copy the visual into a Word Document.  In Power BI Service (the Power BI Report on the Internet), right click on a visual , select Copy Visual, then go to Word and try and paste it there.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @G_R

The Copy Visual feature is for coping visuals between .pbix files, see: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-desktop-november-2018-feature-summary/#copyPaste

We can't use this feature to copy Power BI visuals to other applications outside of Power BI currently. Please vote this same idea: https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/11698812-copy-screenshot-of-visua...

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

KazBurnside
Regular Visitor

My colleague had the same issue. She had an older version of MS Office. Once she upgraded to her MS Office to O365, the issue was gone. Hope this helps.