Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Copy Visual as image not working - something went wrong

In the last few days, we are no longer able to use the Copy Visual as image icon on visuals in our reports and apps.  The error returned just says 'something went wrong'.

Hi @kathleeng23 

This issue has been fixed , I will change the status to "Delivered" .

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
PPNBrian
Regular Visitor

I'm seeing the same problematic behaviour across various Power BI apps regardless of the account. I'm certain I've used this functionality previously on at least one of the apps so I'm fairly certain it's not an issue with the report. Seems like the functionality is broken.

kathleeng23
Advocate I

Yes, we have tried multiple users, multiple apps and multiple reports and it's not working with any of them when it did previously.

PPNBrian
Regular Visitor

I've opened a ticket with Microsoft. Hopefully I can get some useful feedback on when a fix will be released.

Twhizy
Regular Visitor

I'm having the same issue. I thought it would be resolved over the following day but the issue still persists. Have you gotten it to work yet? 

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi @kathleeng23 

I have submitted your issue to ICM , the ID is 335923460I'll be back with an update if there's any progress .

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

hemery
Regular Visitor

Hi all,

I'm having the same issue, on multiple devices and with multiple dashboards. Really hope this gets fixed quickly. Looking forward to an update on the bug.

PPNBrian
Regular Visitor

I was told by a Microsoft support engineer that this issue has been escalated to the product team and that engineers are working on it. No ETA of any kind was provided.

LindaJonesCT
Helper I

We are having the same issue.  It is happening on all of our reports.

SivaK

We are also facing the same issue.

craigdent
Frequent Visitor

Hello, I have the same issue across multiple reports and workspaces and get a very unhelpful error message "We're not sure exactly what happened, but we couldn't copy that visual."