Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Copy Selection button issue powerbi.com

Hi,

I faced with issue when I copy from table/matrix figures and paste to Excel. It works incorrectly if regional system settings of displaying figures are different from powerbi settings. As an example I copy figure 1,100 (one thousand one hundred) from pbi and paste it in Excel 1,1 (one point one). It's confusing. In order to paste it correctly I need to change  cell format of Excel as a text , paste it and replace "," to " " as my system settings looks like this 1 100

Comments
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@Tatmel ,

@Tatmel wrote:

It works incorrectly if regional system settings of displaying figures are different from powerbi settings. As an example I copy figure 1,100 (one thousand one hundred) from pbi and paste it in Excel 1,1 (one point one). It's confusing. In order to paste it correctly I need to change  cell format of Excel as a text , paste it and replace "," to " " as my system settings looks like this 1 100

What are your regional system setting and Power BI settings? Based on my understanding , this is an expected result as Excel inherits your regional system setting.

In addition, what is the result when you use "Export data" option to export data to Excel?
1.PNG

Regards,
Lydia

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Status changed to: Needs Info