Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Container exited unexpectedly - what does that mean?

Error: Container exited unexpectedly with code 0x0000DEAD. PID: 7088...

RootActivityId = d14541f4-359b-4491-8888-327457618ea7.Param1 = Container exited unexpectedly with code 0x0000DEAD. PID: 7088.

Request ID: 68f60fa0-8d48-4b4a-4e9d-5cc78557ca11.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @joebrown42

May I know which action you performed then causes this issue? It seems to be a power-query or connector related issue. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

joebrown42
Frequent Visitor

refresh. nothing more, nothing less.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @joebrown42

Does the issue happen when you refresh the dataflow? 

I found a similar issue reported internally: CRI 156832212. Please try below suggestions:

The Error “Container exited unexpectedly with code 0x0000DEAD” is due to memory issues on the capacity. It could be intermittent as it is affected by other workloads on the capacity depending on what jobs are running at the time of refresh.

To mitigate this we suggest

1. Increase dataflows’ max memory % and decrease the Datasets max memory % by same quantity. (If they have default settings then increase dataflows to 40% and decrease Datasets to 80%)
  2. Increase Dataflows container size to 1500Mb. This will reduce parallelism and potentially reduce intermittent failures.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

DavidPitts
Advocate II

I am Getting the Same Error

It has something to do wirth the Size of the dataset and Mmeory , but I can find no support