Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Constant Refresh Failures

Hi,

I'm getting failures multiple times a day across varying datasets, error messages are a variation on:

Failure details: Web.Contents failed to get contents from 'https://COMPANY.sharepoint.com/sites/D_Planning/_api/web/lists/getbyid('ab55e685-59a4-461b-852e-b8dc...' (429):

This happens on some datasets, and not on others, the only common denominator is that they are all using sharepoint sources.

It works about half the time and I have no idea what could be causing this, it started happening a month or two ago where during the previous year it did not occur once.

Comments
rusgesig
Helper IV

The forum is treating the error code like a hyperlink which it's shortening:

Failure details: Web.Contents failed to get contents from COMPANY.sharepoint.com/sites/D_Planning/_api/web/lists/getbyid('ab55e685-59a4-461b-852e-b8dc6d7167bd')/RenderListDataAsStream?Paged=TRUE&p_SortBehavior=0&p_ID=65112&ix_Paged=TRUE&ix_ID=65112&PageFirstRow=49001' (429):

Next refresh for DATASET is scheduled for June 29, 2021 16:00 UTC.

rusgesig
Helper IV

An error occurred while processing the data in the dataset.

Refresh failed:

DATASET2 has failed to refresh.
Failure details: Web.Contents failed to get contents from COMPANY.sharepoint.com/sites/SITE/_api/web/lists/getbyid('56218b30-8797-4c02-bcf5-eee1faeab82a')/RenderListDataAsStream?Paged=TRUE&p_SortBehavior=0&p_ID=49754&ix_Paged=TRUE&ix_ID=49754&PageFirstRow=41001' (429):

Next refresh for Dataset is scheduled for June 30, 2021 9:00 UTC.

Just received this same error on another dataset.

rusgesig
Helper IV

@v-chuncz-msft

Regarding your second link, the issue persists across datasets whether there are merged queries and expanded columns or not. 

One of the datasets in question consists only of a SQL query (that is used in other datasets which refresh without problems), and two excel tables.

Therefore I don't think query optimisation is the answer as there is nothing to optimise. 

I do not see anything resembling the errors I'm getting in the first link either.