Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Connection into Gateway

I am trying to setup a gateway and connect my SQL server onprem using with below steps:

1. Register a new gateway in this computer

2. Add to an existing cluster, because we have an existing cluster and the oracle server is successfully connected

3. I have selected the existing gateway cluster as it is in the lookup

4. I have inputted the recovery key of the existing cluster

Issues: 

1. I got this message "More than 1 enabled cluster member is offline. Please disable or restore the offline cluster members before adding a new cluster member." So I cant proceed with the setup.

I also tried to use the existing cluster and try the "Add Data Source" but failed to connect into the SQL server.

Your help is much appreciated. Thanks

Hi, 

According to the error message, have you turned on the “Distribute requests across all active gateway in this cluster” option to make the load balance across gateways in a cluster enabled?

vrobertqmsft_0-1638499296192.png

In the note of the official document, it is still recommended to disable or remove an offline gateway member in the cluster:

vrobertqmsft_1-1638499296195.png

Therefore, I suggest you to go to the Power BI servive-> Gateway setting to remove the offline gateway member. Please refer to this link:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Remove-delete-Gateway/td-p/65286

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

Comments
v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi, 

According to the error message, have you turned on the “Distribute requests across all active gateway in this cluster” option to make the load balance across gateways in a cluster enabled?

vrobertqmsft_0-1638499296192.png

In the note of the official document, it is still recommended to disable or remove an offline gateway member in the cluster:

vrobertqmsft_1-1638499296195.png

Therefore, I suggest you to go to the Power BI servive-> Gateway setting to remove the offline gateway member. Please refer to this link:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Remove-delete-Gateway/td-p/65286

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin