Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Connection PowerBI - Databricks - Status 407 till May 2022

Hello,

Since the new release May 2022 PowerBI Desktop is using the system proxy to acces Databricks.

We are facing errors on refresh or reconnect on the Databricks Source :

result_finalODBC: ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][ThriftExtension] (14) Unexpected response from server during a HTTP connection: Bad Status: Unrecognized response with no error message header. Status code: 407

Prevent version on same PC is working fine.

We are using Kerberos proxy, does anyone is facing the same issue or is having a solution to this issue ?

As we are on microsoft store it is not easy to downgrade the version for end users.

Regards,

Based on the error message, 407 error code represents Proxy Authentication Required.

Since you have used Kerberos proxy, perhaps you may check your proxy and whether it has been connected to the data source correctly.

See:

1. Enable remote access to Power BI Mobile with Azure Active Directory Application Proxy 
  2. 407 Proxy Authentication Required: What Is It and How Do You Fix It? 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

Comments
v-yingjl
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Based on the error message, 407 error code represents Proxy Authentication Required.

Since you have used Kerberos proxy, perhaps you may check your proxy and whether it has been connected to the data source correctly.

See:

1. Enable remote access to Power BI Mobile with Azure Active Directory Application Proxy 
  2. 407 Proxy Authentication Required: What Is It and How Do You Fix It? 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

ffanchy
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for this return, investigation are on going by Proxy Experts on our side.

I will forward them your return.

Using Edge on the same proxy accessing the same URL (Databricks cluster) the authentification is automatic and working fine. 

ffanchy
Frequent Visitor

Hello,

We continue the investigation with the technical team.

They confirm the problem came with the new release which is passing with the proxy.

They saw requests from PowerBI arriving on the proxy 407 then we have some return in 200 then new 407 and the error on PowerBI.

We are looking on bypassing the proxy for Databricks on the compagny.

Regards,

François

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello

I would like to know if you were able to solve this problem, since the release in may I am finding the same exact errorr but I have not been able to find any solution.

Thanks in advance 

ffanchy
Frequent Visitor

Hello,

We have raise a case to Microsoft on the subject. They are waiting they return.

In the meanwhile, we had to bypass the proxy for Databricks connexion.

Regards,

ffanchy
Frequent Visitor

Sorry I forgot to send the next steps.

Correction performed by Microsoft team on july version of PowerBI.

Desactivation of the proxy option (default) correct the problem. 

The ticket can be turn into Delivered.

Regards,

clcabacungan

Hi @ffanchy ,

How did you do this

"Desactivation of the proxy option (default) correct the problem."?

ffanchy
Frequent Visitor

Hello,

Since july version when you add the connexion to Databricks, you have a combo which let you choose this behavior.

If you dont select anything desactivate the new feature is the bahavior.

In that case it is windows which manage the proxy part. (which is quiet more efficient un the management of needed authentification etc ...)

ffanchy_0-1664531744412.png