Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Connecting PowerBI-Dataflow to Sharepoint Online List

I'm trying to create a DATAFLOW loading data from an excel file stored in sharepoint online.

As recommended , I've created a query with PwBI desktop (works fine) and copied to a blank query within Dataflow definition in PwBI online :

let
Source = Excel.Workbook(Web.Contents("https://mytenant.sharepoint.com/FOLDER/excelfilename.xlsx"),null,true),
Navigation = Source{[Item = "Sheet 1", Kind = "Sheet"]}[Data]
in
Navigation

Then I'm prompted to enter modify the credentials. I Choose "Professional account", then a popup appear to choose the account name. But while the pop-up appear, then on the original window (pwbi online) the error message appear "Connexion cancelled". Just after the account list appear in the pop-up, but when cliking on it, then the pop-up becoms blank and nothing more.

Any idea ? Regards.

Comments
v-yulgu-msft
Employee

Hi @geraldcousi ,

Please choose the same Authentiction type as that you used to establish connection in Power BI desktop.

In my test, I choosed Organizational account, and it worked.

1.PNG

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

geraldcousi
Frequent Visitor

Thank you Yuliana, unfortunatly it doesn't work for me.

v-yulgu-msft
Employee

Hi @geraldcousi ,

I noticed that you used Web connector to load data from Excel in SahrePoint online, how about using SharePoint folder connector? 

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu