Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Conditional formatting is lost after a CSV export from PBI Desktop

Hi - this issue was already raised by another user but I believe it was misunderstood by the moderator and marked as 'Delivered'.  https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Conditional-Formatting-loses-formatting-after-data-export/id...

This is not a feature request.  This is a bug regarding a matrix visualisation with conditional formatting applied.  If you export data to CSV, after the process of exporting it, the conditional formatting is lost from the matrix on PowerBI. 

To be clear, I am not expecting an exported file containing conditional formatting (though that would be nice).  What we need is for the conditional formatting to not disappear in PowerBI after an export.

To replicate the issue, please follow these steps in Power BI Desktop:

1. Start with a matrix with conditional formatting applied.
  2. Export it to CSV.
  3. Change your view to another report tab, then go back to the original tab.
  4. You will see that the conditional formatting has disappeared.

Thanks

Regards, David.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

The same issue has been already reported before internally: CRI 58528485. I already sent a email to consult if any update about this issue, will update here once I get any information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Qiuyun - this issue also happens in the Power BI Service when you export to XLS format.  Do you have any news when this will be fixed?  At the moment each time I need to export to XLS I have to re-publish from Desktop to the Service again afterwards.

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Qiuyun,

Just checking if there is any update on this? 

In case it helps any others with this issue, my current workaround in the Power BI Service is to duplicate the page, export to Excel from the duplucated page, then delete that page when I'm finished.  This avoids needing to re-publish.  Not ideal but workable until this is actually fixed.

Regards, David

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all, 

It’s planned for desktop July version. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

eswarprasadiyer

@v-qiuyu-msft 

Has this been fixed. As I am still facing this issue of Color Fomatting Lost when exporting to Excel.