Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Conditional formatting force color on blank values for Filled map in November 2018 update

In the previous versions, Filled map will only fill a country or region if data as specified in Color saturation field is not blank. Countries which result in a blank value for the Color Saturation field will not be filled and remain out of focus when the chart auto-zoom to the filled areas

However, after updating Power BI Desktop to the most recent update, Filled map will fill all countries as specified in the dimension table, regardless of whether the data specified in the Conditional formatting is null or not. This add lots of noise into the visual and renders the charts using this visual useless.

Demo for this issue can be found here: https://app.powerbi.com/view?r=eyJrIjoiMjdkNTNhZGYtZDUwMy00NzlmLTgxMzQtOGFhMzJhNDVhNzVlIiwidCI6ImYwM...

Would you please fix this issue?

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

I have reported this issue internally: CRI 92747563. Will update here once I get any information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

I got information below: 

"With the support for conditional formatting on all core visuals in Power BI desktop November version, the behavior today, which does not constrain the data based on the measure set for the purpose of coloring data points, is correct and intended. Previously, the measure set for the purpose of color saturation had constrained groups (and therefore removed blank data points), which can be considered as wrong behavior. 

As a workaround to revive the old behavior in the visual, user can put a filter on the filled map visual for the measure used for color saturation to be Not blank. Alternatively, for other visuals facing similar issues, having the same measure in the Value bucket would bring back the old behavior in the visuals."

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu