Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

Conditional Formatting with a Gantt Chart

I'd like to setup conditional formatting for a gantt chart, so each task is associated with a specific color. This would be based off the category that the task falls within. So as an example, any tasks associated with Phase 1 would be green, any tasks associated with Phase 2 would be orange, any tasks associated with Phase 3 would be red, so on and so forth. And as people enter in additional tasks to the phase they are involved in, those tasks would be color coded accordingly.

Can anyone help me with this? I figured out how to manually adjust each task, but I'd like to automate this process.

The visual I'm using is the gantt chart by MAQ Software, as I found this one to be the most user friendly.

Appreciate any assistance you can provide.

Cheers!

Dan

Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any update?
I cannot figure out how to get more than 'Default color' under Bar formatting.
What drives that formatting option?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there any progess on this one? Is it really declined? Surley a number of users would love this feature. Being able to turn progress to red if dates are missed etc...

MAQSupport
Solution Supplier

Hello @Anonymous ,

Gantt Chart by MAQ Software visual allows bar color formatting.

You can add colors to the bar by dragging column in “Legend” data field.

For the legends to be displayed, it is required that the column be present in both Category and Legend data fields.

In format pane, in the ‘Bar formatting’ option, you can change the color assigned to every value of Legend column:

image007.jpg

If you want to apply same color to all the bars, then you can toggle off the ‘Show All’ option shown above, and configure the same color for all the bars.

image008.png

For any further queries or enhancement requests, please contact us at support@maqsoftware.com 

MAQSupport
Solution Supplier

Hello @Anonymous ,

We have added your request to our backlog.

We periodically revisit our published visuals to correct bugs and add enhancements based on user feedback. Once we have an enhancement list set for the next version of this visual, we will let you know on this thread. 

If you have an urgent need for this enhancement, please connect to us via our Sales channel.

For any further queries or enhancement requests, please contact us at support@maqsoftware.com 

Thanks

ricardolimads

Hi @MAQSupport 

When I have several projects in filter list I have to set gantt bar colors for each project individually, is there any feature to set the gantt bar colors for all projects in the same time?