Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

Conditional Formatting with a Gantt Chart

I'd like to setup conditional formatting for a gantt chart, so each task is associated with a specific color. This would be based off the category that the task falls within. So as an example, any tasks associated with Phase 1 would be green, any tasks associated with Phase 2 would be orange, any tasks associated with Phase 3 would be red, so on and so forth. And as people enter in additional tasks to the phase they are involved in, those tasks would be color coded accordingly.

Can anyone help me with this? I figured out how to manually adjust each task, but I'd like to automate this process.

The visual I'm using is the gantt chart by MAQ Software, as I found this one to be the most user friendly.

Appreciate any assistance you can provide.

Cheers!

Dan

Comments
v-jiascu-msft
Employee

Hi Dan,

The bars are colorful. Do you mean you want to set them automatically? I'm afraid you need to go to https://maqsoftware.com/expertise/powerbi for support of this new feature.

Conditional_Formatting_with_a_Gantt_Chart

Best Regards,

Dale

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Declined

dansilver1005

Thanks Dale!

MAQSupport
Solution Supplier

Hello @dansilver1005,

Thanks for reaching out to us. We have added your request to our backlog.  

We are planning to take up this enhancement in our next build. We will notify you on this thread when we have an update on this. 

Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Guys,

Is there any update on the said requirement? Is there a way to include a categorize background color for the Gantt Chart by MAQ Software? I need to give 3 colors based on my Project Type instead of giving "n" number of colors for all the project types included.

Svyatoslav
Regular Visitor

Hi, @MAQSupport

Is it possible to setup automatically color for specific items? I can see in latest release new field "color". What does it do?

MAQSupport
Solution Supplier

Hello @Svyatoslav,

The “Color” data field is a feature that is in progress. We recommend you configure the legend colors using the ‘Bar formatting’ option available in the format pane, as shown below –

Gantt.jpg 

We will notify you when we have the “Color” data field functioning completely.

Svyatoslav
Regular Visitor

Thank you @MAQSupport. I cannot use in color bars legent field values unless I put it also in categories. Is it possible to avoid this or am i doint something wrong?

MAQSupport
Solution Supplier

Hello @Svyatoslav,

As of now Gantt Chart by MAQ Software requires that the data field that is being used for legend, must be displayed as well. 

We have added your request to our backlog and will let you know when we add this feature as an enhancement in the upcoming versions of the visual.

Thanks

OskariNi
Helper I
Hi @MAQSupport, What is the current status with conditional formatting of bars in the Gantt chart? Also a great feature would a meter that could show the progress (percentage of completion) of each task (bar). Thanks, Oskari