Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Conditional Formatting loses formatting after data export

In Matrix chart, a column has conditional formatting with values >90 as green, between 70 and 90 yellow color and less than 70 as red color. One the user export data from the matrix chart, the column loses its conditional formatting. 

1.PNG2.png3.pngBeforeExport.pngAfterExport.png

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @kmshaju,

Export data only exports data currently. For your requirement, please vote and comment on this similar idea: https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/15164733-allow-table-and-matrix-d....

Best Regards,

Qiuyun Yu 

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Delivered

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi - this is not a feature request.  This is a bug.

The same thing happens to me.  My matrix has conditional formatting applied.  If I export data to CSV, of course I don't expect any formatting to appear in the CSV.  However, through the process of exporting it, the conditional formatting is lost from the matrix on PowerBI. 

To be clear, I am not expecting an exported file containing conditional formatting (thought that would be nice).  What we need is for the conditional formatting to not disappear in PowerBI after an export.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all,

The same issue has been already reported before internally: CRI 58528485. I already sent a email to consult if any update about this issue, will update here once I get any information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all,

It’s planned for desktop July version. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Interestingly, the issue already seems to be fixed in Power BI Service.  🙂

kmshaju

Yes. Looks like the issue has been fixed. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, but only fixed in the Service.  The issue remains in Desktop.

Regards, David.