Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Conditional Formatting Not Pulling Through to Pinned Tile on Dashboard

Hello,

I believe this to be an issue, but if it simply isn't the way things were designed please let me know.

I have a report that I've built that has conditional formatting on almost all of the viusalization titles as well as the values within the visualization (green being above goal, red being below goal).

When I pin these visuals to a dashboard, they not only lose the formatting for green/red values, but they also come through with no title as the title is conditionally formatted as well. Is this just default Dashboard pinnning behavior or have I encountered a bug with this?

Comments
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support

@Anonymous 

The conditional formatting seems to work for values.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-chuncz-msft  Both values and titles are still not working for me.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@rockgrabber  I know you posted this same issue under the community forums "Get help with power BI" section, but I thought we might get a more prompt resonse if I posted it here under support issues. Hopefully they fix this soon. 

@v-chuncz-msft  I mentioned above that both values and titles still are not working. It seems from your response above you were under the impression values should be wokring now. Can we please get an update?

Thank you

rockgrabber
Frequent Visitor

I had a conference call with MS yesterday, I gave them a screen shot of my dashboard and my report. They said they would get back with me when they knew more or had a solution.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@rockgrabber wrote:

I had a conference call with MS yesterday, I gave them a screen shot of my dashboard and my report. They said they would get back with me when they knew more or had a solution.

Sounds good, please keep us in the loop with what you hear. 

rockgrabber
Frequent Visitor

I received an update Saturday:

"We are raising internal request to our Desktop for the assistance, will contact you with the update."

Not an answer, but at least progress.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the update! Very much appreciated. In the meantime I have found a workaround which may or may not work for you. It seems if you pin the full "live report" to a dashboard as opposed to just one tile, it retains all conditional formatting. 

rockgrabber
Frequent Visitor

Latest update from MS:

This is in reference to your case.our product team is rigorously working with the fix.I will inform you as soon as we receive any update from our product team. I will update you every 24-48 hours on this issue.

rockgrabber
Frequent Visitor

Latest update on a fix:

"We have received an update from our PG team that the Fix is coming on August 12th assuming no deployment delays."