Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Conditional Formatting Labels issue in Selection Pane

Hi,

The Conditional Formatting (CF) for Labels feature is great, been looking for that for a long time. It solves loads of my problems, however it now creates one.

In Selection Pane, the visuals with a conditional formatted label appear with that text. If you change it it completely replaces the formula for conditional formatting. I need to rename the visuals in Selection Pane so I know which is which. I remember before CF being introduced, I used to turn title on, name the visual, then turn title off so I can visualise them in Selection Pane. Which means they are definitely tied together. However with this new feature a new logic it may need to be introduced.

Attaching a screenshot to exemplify: the # of... visuals are the ones with a CF Title, the moment I rename them in Selection Pane the CF goes away.

trRawPM - Imgur.png

Comments
v-yulgu-msft
Employee

Hi @Anonymous ,

As you said, if conditional formatting is applied to visual title, it keeps sync with the displayed visual name in selection pane. It is not available to rename title in selection pane, you have to rename visual tile in format pane with a static string.

As of now, we are not able to change this behavior, for any feature request, you could submit ideas here.

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Status changed to: Delivered