Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Conditional Color Formatting

It seems the conditional formatting option was removed from several out-of-the-box visuals, including the combo line & bar chart.  Any reason why?  This is an incredibly useful way to draw a user's attention to areas they should be focusing (KPI's, benchmarks, or otherwise).

It would be great to see this come back.  Many of my reports just are not the same without it, particularly heatmaps and the like.

Conditional Formatting.PNG

Comments
v-yuta-msft
Community Support

@ryan0585 ,

I would suggest you to read the announcement here to acheve the newest info about power bi.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

ryan0585
Advocate II

I'm sorry, that's not good enough.  I've searched everywhere for something about conditional formatting going away but I can't find anything on the topic.

Is there something at the link you provided as it relates to conditional formatting and its removal?

ryan0585
Advocate II

Disregard, the conditional formatting is still available, but you need to hover over the "Default color" option in "Data colors" and an ellipsis will show up on the right side of the "Default color" header.  

Might submit an idea on making this more visible.  Sometimes you're just expanding the property groups to find what you need.  Having to mouse over everything to see "hidden" options isn't a great way to allow people to find things they need.

DobrinS

I am on February 2020 version and the ellipsis are missing. No option for Conditional Formating of any Bar Chart. Any one with the same problem?