Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Concern with Refresh time my reports are taking

Hi, I have a query regarding report refreshes. There are 5-6 reports that I have published to online service and shared with users. These reports have same sql servers connected. One of my report takes about 30 minutes to refresh and the second takes about 45-55 minutes. When all of these refresh at the same time they all take a very long time and mostly 2-3 fail to finish, giving reason "The gateway operation has been cancelled explicitly by the user or from a timeout". So, I have sequenced their scheduled refreshes at different intervals of the day (max 3 refreshes in an interval and atleast 30 minutes apart) to prevent over burdening of resources. Now, if one or two of them takes more than 30 minutes they overlap in second interval and sometimes 1 or the other fail. 

This has led me to keep checking them atleast 7-8 times a day to see if all of them finished refreshes or not. It is now becoming an effort to keep track and reporting to users that their report failed for this reason.

Currently the PC where my gateway is installed has core i7 6700 CPU, 3.4Gz, window 10Pro 64bit,  on dynamic RAM, ranging from 512MB talo 12288MB.

Can dynamic RAM be a problem ?

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @ShrikantKhanna,

The same issue already reported before internally: CRI 50423797. You can see below response: 

We have a fix for this in next gateway release in 2 weeks.  Customer could try adjusting the refresh schedule to reduce to number of parallel refreshes happening in the same gateway. 

By the way, you can check requirements to run on-premise data gateway here. It's recommended to have 8G memory. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

ShrikantKhanna
Helper II

Thanks @v-qiuyu-msft for confirming. I could not find those comments, although I read a lot of issues and responses before submitting mine.

ShrikantKhanna
Helper II

I will wait till next release and will ask my Tech team to fix RAM to 8GB.