Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Composite Models - Prompts for multiple logins repeatedly on AAS

I began experimenting with PBI's Composite Models last week while connected to my AAS Model and a simple Excel File.

Unfortunately, regardless of what December release version I have been on (originally on 2.88.721.0, then updated to 2.88.1144.0) I have experienced multiple prompts for my Windows authentication. When I first make the composite model connection, I am prompted 3-4 times to enter my password. This repeats again seemingly whenever I add fields from the AAS model into a visual. This also repeats when I try to create a relationship between my Excel table and one of my AAS models.

In total, this results in around 15+ password prompts (with additional 2-step verification codes) within a 5 minute timespan... Effectively making Composite Models unusable for me.

Community Item:  

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/PBI-Desktop-Composite-Model-needs-multiple-repeated-logins-... 

Comments
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support

@ncole3099 

You may try the latest version (2.88.1385.0) and also clear permissions in data source settings.