Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Combo Chart going blank in service

Found a bug on combo charts in service. Started happening recently.

I have a combo chart where the line measure is supposed to go blank if filters are not used.

The bar chart does not have that restriction, yet in the service it goes blank as well. Below is from the service:

acbg_1-1634757263977.png

In desktop,  it is fine and can see the bars as you can see below:

acbg_2-1634757306961.png

Able to replicate this bug and only happens when the measure is a IF statement where the false is Blank().

Narrowed it down to the Show Marker option.

As soon as I turn it off, the bars show up in the service just like in the desktop:

acbg_0-1634757183629.png

Uploaded sample file here:

https://github.com/acbg3/MarkerIssue/blob/main/SampleFile.pbix

Comments
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support

@acbg @blopez11 @Anonymous 

My test is based on October Desktop and shared capacity in Central US. 

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Caiyun Zheng

blopez11
Resident Rockstar

@acbg @v-cazheng-msft @Anonymous 

I upgraded my desktop to the October 2021 feature release (version 2.98.882.0), and I am still seeing the same issue with the sample file provided by @acbg 

I published to both shared capacity, my personal workspace, and to a premium capacity workspace with no difference

I am at a loss why I can reproduce so easily with what @acbg provided

Anonymous
Not applicable

@blopez11  I also tried different capacities (in Europe) but see the issue in all environments

Thanks @acbg for the hint that it is related to the markers, for now I turned the markers off as my users need to compare values both in absolute as in relative numbers

@v-cazheng-msft How do we get this issue on the backlog of the development team?

ryan-gao
Helper III

same issue,Combo Chart don't work as excepted  on power bi service , in China 21v

JuliaW

I am experiencing the exact same issue in Power BI, with the exact same behavior as described in this post.  Hoping for a quick fix from Microsoft.  For now, turned off my markers producing blank values in the interim, but not a good long term solution.

acbg
Resolver III

@v-cazheng-msft Since we have more users having the same issue, could we check with the product team? I understand you can't replicate the issue but maybe they can. Obiviously gave a workaround in my initial post but would like for this to be resolved as I do like having Markers in my line charts. 

v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

@acbg @JuliaW @Anonymous @blopez11 

I've repro this issue by republishing this sample report today, and this issue has been reported internally (ICM 269023713). I will sync with you if there is any update. 

@ryan-gao 

However, this ICM is not applicable for tenant based on 21V. If your issue still happens, you may consider reach out to 21V support for help. If needed, they will escalate this issue to internally team for you.

Best Regards,

v-cazheng-msft
Community Support

@acbg @JuliaW @Anonymous @blopez11 

Hi All, 

Our product team is working on porting the fix for this issue. You may need wait for a period before you can reach this fix in product env(about 11/9). 

Best Regards,

v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

JuliaW

Hi - I see the status of the fix has changed to delivered, but I am still seeing the issue on Power BI.  Does it take some time to reflect online?