Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Column headers disappear

I've got a table with column headers in a report. All the column headers have a green background.

Because they contain sensitive data, I had to blur the actual names and values. You can however still see where data was available and where the column headers were present.

When I horizontally scroll through the table, there are some points where the column headers disappear. These points are always at the same place. This only happens when viewing the report at PowerBI.com, not in Power BI Desktop.

The gaps between columns are all the same measure that always shows an empty value (and are used to have visually blocks of columns). Could this have something to do with it?

This was working in the past and also happens at tables without a horizontal scroll bar (there is no way to see the column headers after the second 'gap' for those tables).

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @denR,

I'm trying to reproduce the issue but failed. Would you please use some dummy data to create a simple pbix file which can reproduce the issue? Please upload to your OneDrive and share the link here. 

By the way, please update the Power BI desktop to the latest version 2.53.4954.621 then republish the report to see if the issue occurs. 

Note: Do mask sensitive data before uploading.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

denR
Advocate I

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft,

I narrowed the issue down a bit: when I have a matrix and use an empty measure multiple times as a value, the column headers disappears when it's the most left value on screen.

disappearing headers.jpg

I've added a test report based on test data on

https://veneficus-my.sharepoint.com/:f:/g/personal/rick_den_ridder_veneficus_nl/Escqr9yj5sNGvCScGSo9.... By default, not all column headers are visible (because the empty value that is used multiple times is the most left value on the screen). If you delete either the first or the second empty value (pipe), the column headers reappear.