Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Column does not recalculate based on IF formula

Hello,

Since February 2017 release, I have experienced an issue with added columns based on value in a measure.

Let's say I have 2 columns with revenue from different data sources (revenue1 and revenue2). I created measure called Switcher.

Switcher = "Google Analytics"

I created column called Revenue.

Revenue = IF([Switcher] = "Google Analytics";'Table'[revenue1];'Table'[revenue2])

In my report I use Revenue in a number of visuals and tables and when I need to switch between the sources I simply change the text in Switcher. This solution stopped working with the last program release. When I changed the measure, Revenue column does not change until I delete it and create a new one or make a significant changes in formulas and then change the settings back. Before the update it was instant recalculation based on the text in the measure.

I don't know if there is a refresh delay since last update or something like that? I tried this in a blank new report with a CSV sourcew with only two columns with no visuals, but the issue remains. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@Beed_monitor

I can repro the same issue as you. I’ve reported it internally to Power BI Team internally: CRI 31524204

I’ll post here once I get any update about it.

Best Regards,

Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

Beed_monitor
Regular Visitor

Thank you Herbert.

Update: If I use column for Switcher insted of measure, it works, but bug with measure still remains.

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@Beed_monitor

The fix will be included in the March 2017 version of Power BI Desktop that will be released on 3/6.

Best Regards,

Herbert

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@Beed_monitor

Please download the latest Mar 2017 version of Power BI Desktop and try it again.

Best Regards,

Herbert

Beed_monitor
Regular Visitor

@v-haibl-msft

Works fine. Thank you for the fix.

Best regards,

Jakub

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Delivered