Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Column chanrt is not remembering sorting choice

i created field parameter to switch between months and weeks (in number format i.e.: 202204, 202218.

then I created column chart with this parameter on X axis.

Then changed orders from measure puted in to months/weeks and changed to ascending.

When I go in slicer from months to weeks and back the graph dont remember my sorting choice.

Thanks for the details.. Noticed that there seems two tables related in this issue, 'ZZ_parameter' and 'TD_time'.

Besides, since the 'parameter' is created by a table, whether there is any relationships between these tables because that it needs to create visual with different fields from different tables.

In addition, if possible you can consider sharing a dummy table about 'TD_time' table which may help to reproduce it better.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

Comments
v-yingjl
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Could not reproduce it in my side based on the description, perhaps you can consider sharing more details about this issue. For example,

then I created column chart with this parameter on X axis.

Then changed orders from measure puted in to months/weeks and changed to ascending.

In a column chart, if you only put the parameter column on the X axis and the value field in it, seems like it could not be sorted unless you have put an extra field in Legend 

vyingjl_0-1653026143915.png

When I go in slicer from months to weeks and back

In addition, have you changed the slicer range in this issue since the sort order is incorrect?

Best Regards,

PavelHanus
Frequent Visitor

I tried to add all informations to the picture. Sorry fro not being presize at first try.

Is it enough information?

thank you 

Pavel

bug sorting of axis.png

PavelHanus
Frequent Visitor

Adding info. Itdoesnt work only when X axis is set as a Categorical.

v-yingjl
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Thanks for the details.. Noticed that there seems two tables related in this issue, 'ZZ_parameter' and 'TD_time'.

Besides, since the 'parameter' is created by a table, whether there is any relationships between these tables because that it needs to create visual with different fields from different tables.

In addition, if possible you can consider sharing a dummy table about 'TD_time' table which may help to reproduce it better.

Best Regards,