Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Column Width in Matrix Resizes Even When Auto Size turned OFF

I have a matrix within a report and have adjusted the columns width the way that I want them. 

photo 1.PNG

Auto Size is off, word-wrap is on:

photo 2.PNG

When I move to another tab in the report and then move back to the matrix, the columns are auto-sized.  This is driving me nuts.  I searched the forums, and it seems there was an issue fixed back in October, but it is not working.  Any help would be appreciated!  Thanks.

photo 3.PNG

Comments
ConnieMaldonado
Responsive Resident

I have a matrix within a report and have adjusted the columns width the way that I want them. 

photo 1.PNG

Auto Size is off, word-wrap is on:

photo 2.PNG

When I move to another tab in the report and then move back to the matrix, the columns are auto-sized.  This is driving me nuts.  I searched the forums, and it seems there was an issue fixed back in October, but it is not working.  Any help would be appreciated!  Thanks.

photo 3.PNG

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@ConnieMaldonado

Could you please try the workaround below to see if it works?

Recreate a new Matrix with the same fields, but dragging them in the order preferred (dont reorder after creation).

If issue persists with above workaround, please try above steps until 11/19/2017. A related fix will be deployed at that time.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have experience this same issue with the total column in a matrix.  All other columns seem to remain fixed as intended; however, when a new slicer value is selected and the dependent matrix refreshes the grand total column on the matrix usually gets crunched down so that the height of the entire matrix exceeds the alotted space (since row heights get doubled).  It's quite annoying because you have manually adjust the total column each time you want to look at new data.

Laser_Tim_88
Advocate I

@Anonymous I have the same issue with my Totals Column. Did you ever find a fix?

ConnieMaldonado
Responsive Resident

This was some time ago, and the Auto size width works now:  Click the matrix visual, select Visual on right hand side, Column Headers, Options - Turn off "Auto-size width".

Laser_Tim_88
Advocate I

@ConnieMaldonado  When my slicer modifies the totals, causing the value to become blank, the column width automatically reduces to a narrower size, although "Auto-size width" is switched off. Then once the values return on another slicer change the column has to be manually resized.